- Game Date
- May 17, 2019
- MAVS: 7
LIVONIA CHURCHILL HIGH SCHOOL: 4
- Milford Mavericks Varsity Clinches Lead in Sixth Inning for Victory Over Churchill
- Milford Mavericks Varsity defeated Churchill 7-4 on Friday after taking the lead late in the game. The tight game was tied at four with Milford Mavericks Varsity batting in the bottom of the sixth when Amelia Price hit a solo homer.
- In the first inning, Churchill got their offense started when Megan Nowak's sac fly scored one run for Churchill.
- Churchill evened things up at four in the top of the fifth inning. Lauren Pyle hit a solo homer.
- Jenna Carlisle earned the win for Milford Mavericks Varsity. She surrendered four runs on eight hits over six innings, striking out two and walking one.
- Pyle took the loss for Churchill. She allowed 13 hits and seven runs over five and two-thirds innings.
- Milford Mavericks Varsity tallied 13 hits in the game. Lauren Laughrey, Price, Carlisle, Annabel Williamson, and Zoe Shettler all managed multiple hits for Milford Mavericks Varsity. Shettler, Williamson, Carlisle, Price, and Laughrey each collected two hits to lead Milford Mavericks Varsity.
- Pyle led Churchill with two hits in three at bats.
Mavericks play West Bloomfield and Port Huron North in Canton on Saturday.
- "Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2019. All rights reserved."